How to Perform Netgear Firmware Update for My Extender
Is your Netgear extender not working up to the mark? Connected to WiFi but internet is not working? If you nod in a big yes, then it's time to download and install the latest Netgear firmware update on your WiFi range extender.
This post will be your guide if you are looking for one of the following topics:
- How do I update Netgear extender firmware?
- Download the latest Netgear WiFi range extender's firmware update
- Update the firmware via mywifiext.net
- Use the Nighthawk app to update Netgear firmware on the extender
Let's get started!
Netgear Firmware Update
There are two main ways to update your Netgear range extender's firmware. They are:
- Using the web user interface
- Via the Netgear Nighthawk app
Allow us to shed some light on both methods:
1. Using the Web User Interface
Walk through the steps mentioned below to update your Netgear firmware via the default web user interface:
- Connect the power adapter to your extender and an electrical outlet.
- The extender should fetch constant power supply from the wall socket.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and insert its one end to the extender while another to the home WiFi router.
- Make sure the router is also switched on and getting adequate power supply.
- Next, turn on your computer or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser you like the most.
- Visit the mywifiext login web page.
- Fill in the required username and passphrase.
- Hit the Log In button.
- As soon as you get logged in, head over to the Firmware Update section.
- Click on the Check button.
- On the off chance if there is a new firmware update available, go through the on-screen instructions to download and install it for your extender.
Bonus Tip: If you are using a Mac OS or iOS device to update the extender's firmware, use mywifiext local web address for login.
In this manner, you can perform the Netgear firmware update on your WiFi range extender using the web user interface.
2. Via the Netgear Nighthawk App
Looking to update your WiFi range extender's firmware using your mobile device? If so, opt for the Nighthawk app. Walk through the below-given steps for downloading the latest Netgear extender firmware update via the mobile app:
- First and foremost, turn on mobile data on your smartphone or connect it to a high-speed WiFi connection.
- Open the Google Play or App Store as per the OS availability on your mobile device.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download it.
- Once installed, tap on the app's icon to open it.
- Enter the username and passphrase to log in to your WiFi range extender.
- In the event that you forgot the admin login credentials, factory reset your Netgear WiFi extender and use the default user ID and password for login.
- As soon as you are done with entering the login details, tap on the Sign In button.
- Now, you will reach extender's dashboard.
- Tap on the button that says Check for Updates.
- If a new firmware is available, tap on the Update button.
- Let the extender update its firmware.
During the firmware update process, do not turn off your router or extender, browse the web, or do anything else. Otherwise, the firmware file may crash.
In this manner, you can update the Netgear extender's firmware to the most recent version. If you are experiencing any issues while updating the Netgear firmware, reach out to our experts at any time and get all your technical problems resolved within minutes.