How to Reset Netgear Extender: The Ultimate Guide
Netgear WiFi range extenders are intended to boost the existing wireless signals to reach the far corners in the home or workplace. These are also known as WiFi repeaters. Netgear wireless extenders are available in a gamut of models depending on the speed and WiFi bands. However, if you own a Netgear extender and it's not working up to the mark, then the only option you are left with is factory reset. In this post, we will guide you on how to reset Netgear extender with great ease. Read on.
Factory Reset Netgear Extender
There are two ways to factory reset your Netgear WiFi range extender: soft reset and hard reset.
- Soft Reset:Soft reset is also known as software reset. In this method, you are required to access the mywifiext setup web interface. Soft reset can be done after logging into your Netgear extender and accessing its dashboard. You need the admin username, password, and IP address to log into your Netgear range extender.
- Hard Reset:Hard reset is also known as hardware reset. Hard reset means using the physical reset button on your extender to restore its default settings. Every Netgear wireless extender comes with a factory reset button to retrieve the default settings in case of the forgotten login details. Hardware reset is quite useful when you forget the admin username, password, or the default IP.
- Power up your Netgear wireless range extender after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear extender to the existing router.
- Now, switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser on it. Be sure that it is the updated one
- Go to mywifiext web user interface Quick TipIn the event that mywifiext not workingfor you, use the default IP of your Netgear extender for login:
- Enter user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button
- Once logged in, navigate to the Settings section.
- Click on the Factory Reset button.
- As soon as the reset process completes, you will see a confirmation message on the screen.
- Hit on the Ok button and let the device reboot properly.
- Connect your Netgear range extender to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Find the factory reset button and press it using a paper clip or needle.
- The extender will start to reboot.
How to Reset Netgear Extender?
Note: Factory reset will delete all the configured settings of your Netgear range extender. So, prior to resetting the device, it's recommended to take a backup of the existing settings so that you don't need to reconfigure your extender.
Method 1: Soft Reset Netgear Extender
Here are the steps to consider for performing the soft reset on your Netgear range extender:
So, that's how you can soft reset your Netgear range extender. In case of any issue, reach out to our experts immediately.
Method 2: Hard Reset Netgear Extender
Walk through the instructions mentioned below to hard reset your Netgear range extender:
Once done, configure your device via the default new extender setup page again. In case of any technical issue, contact our experts and get the issue resolved within minutes.