Netgear EX6150 Setup | AC1200
As soon as you are done with the Netgear EX6150 setup and installation, it uses the existing wireless network to create a mesh network providing the whole-home WiFi range and coverage. It comes with a dual-band functionality and allows you to set up one super high-speed connection for your HD gaming and streaming needs. This page will walk you through each and every step involved in the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi range extender setup process. Let's get the ball rolling.
Netgear EX6150 Manual
When you buy a brand new AC1200 extender, you will get a Netgear EX6150 manual in the package. This Netgear AC1200 manual contains a series of setup steps from starting to ending. All you have to do is simply walk through these Netgear EX6150 setup steps and make your extender up and running within minutes.
However, understanding these installation instructions is very difficult for regular users. The best way to install your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi extender with great ease is to contact our professionals. They will guide you each and every step and set up your extender properly.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Setup Using WPS Push Button
In order to perform the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 setup using WPS, do the following:
- Power on the Netgear AC1200 mesh extender (EX6150).
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX6150 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band first. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear extender EX6150 setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, get in touch with our experts via email or live chat.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
That's how you can complete your Netgear EX6150 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear Extender EX6150 Setup: Manual Method
To perform Netgear extender EX6150 setup manually, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender.
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- After that, plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- Connect the existing router to the extender using an Ethernet connection.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and enter www.mywifiext.net. If this web address is not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location you like.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
If you still can't set up your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Extender, get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians.
Netgear EX6150 WiFi Extender Setup Issues
- 1. Netgear genie app doesn't open
- 2. Netgear extender's default web address is not working
- 3. Lost configuration CD
- 4. Can't set up Netgear EX6150 on Mac or iOS devices
- 5. WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- 6. Incorrect Netgear extender password
- 7. Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- 8. Mywifiext.com doesn't open
- 9. WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- 10. WiFi connectivity issues
- 11. Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear EX6150 WiFi Extender Setup
- 12. Forgot Netgear extender default password
- 13. Extender's LED lights are not stable
- 14. Netgear extender red light causing issues
- 15. Can't find Netgear range extender network name
- 16. Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- 17. Can't login to Netgear EX6150 extender
- 18. EX6150 drops internet connectivity
- 19. MAC address filtering errors
- 20. Unable to update Netgear firmware
- 21. Can't access mywifiext.net after update on EX6150
- 22. Netgear AC1200 EX6150 – no internet
- 23. WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- 24. Netgear Extender not working
- 25. Netgear AC1200 EX6150 not working failed update
- 26. Internet connected but not working
Fix all such issues within minimal time by getting in touch with our experts.
Netgear EX6150 FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Here's how to perform the Netgear EX6150 FastLane Setup:
- Connect your client device to a WiFi network.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Access the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender login web page.
- Enter the username and password when prompted.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on the 'FastLane' option.
- Now, you will get two options: 'Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only' and 'Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz'.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
In case you stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane Technology on your extender, don't hesitate to contact our experts for on-the-spot solutions.
Fix Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Extender Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender setup issues:
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access a high-speed internet connection on your device.
- If you are getting issues while logging into your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Make sure that the Netgear EX6150 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Update the latest Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware version on your extender.
- 7. Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during Netgear EX6150 login.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don't panic. Just reach out to our technicians and fix your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi range extender setup issues.
Netgear EX6150 Firmware Update | AC1200
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Here's how to perform Netgear EX6150 firmware update:
- First and foremost, turn on your AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to a WiFi network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the Settings menu and click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on the Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on the Yes button for Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender AC1200 firmware update properly.
That's it! Your extender's firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts.